The grass withers, the flowers fade, but the word of God shall stand forever. -Isaiah 40:8
Ikebana is the Japanese art form of using fresh flowers with rules and principles revealed in nature. The forms are geometric, not arbitrary.
Today we can create our own art appreciation area in our homes with an Ikebana arrangement. Since we are created in God's image (Genesis 1:26-27), we have the deep desire to also create. We have the ability to bless others through art and design. It is exciting to take time to appreciate each season and bring a sense of order and wonder into the home via the tokonoma with art and flowers.
Moto Ikebana offers classes once a month, September to June ( no class in December) ( 9 lessons per year )
- Classes are held the second week each 2nd Thursday 10-11:30 am or 1-2:30 pm and the Wednesday night before from 7-8:30 pm.
- Lesson are $8 plus the cost of the flowers and materials.
- The entire fee supports local, national and international Christian ministries.
- Lessons are held at Christ's Church at Mason, 5165 Western Row Road, Mason, Ohio 45040. See ccmason.org for directions, or to see a floor plan of the building. We are currently meeting in room C4-5. This class in the the chapel wing of the facility.
- For additional information, or sign up, please contact us through our website.
There is a yearly membership fee to join Moto Ikebana. After the first lesson you will be asked to join.
- The membership fee is $15 annually.
- The membership fee includes a yearbook, a monthly drawing, photos, and a membership to the Federated Garden Club of Cincinnati and Vicinity.
- Art in Bloom, Cincinnati Art Museum- Fall First week in November ( in odd years).
- Federated Garden Club of Cincinnati and Vicinity Meetings - FGCCV - Quarterly.
- Contact us for more information.